- 24 foot Pro-line outfitted for your fishing pleasure.
- All required United States Coast Guard safety equipment.
- The latest in Global Positioning Technology.
- The latest in fish finding equipment.
- Ship To Shore radio.
- All fishing poles and reels are provided but by all means if you have a fishing pole and a particular bait that you want to use, bring it along.
- All tackle and baits.
- On board live wells to keep your catch fresh until we get to the dock.
- Fully enclosed head
What to bring
- Soft Soled Shoes (Non-Slip Deck Shoes Preferred)
- Suntan Lotion
- Large Cooler to take home your Fish
- Rain Gear
- Valid Michigan or Ohio Fishing License (check with us to find out which to buy)
(Get your Michigan Fishing License Online at http://www.dnr.state.mi.us )
- Jackets (It is always cooler on the water)
- Pop and Beer (cans ONLY)
- Lunch & Snacks
- Sea-sickness Medication (Optional)
- Have a favorite fishing pole
Check with the captain to see which license you will need. Licenses are available at local bait shops, but for your convenience you can buy them on line.
Michigan licenses can be purchased on line at: http://www.mdnr-elicense.com/welcome.asp
Ohio licenses can be purchased on line at: https://www.greatlodge.com/oh/license/welcome
Do I need to buy a fishing license?
Yes. Depending on where we fish you will need a Michigan and Ohio license. Check out the links above to purchase your license.
What is the length of the trips offered?
Length of trips are generally 6 hours or limit, but extended 8 hour trips are available. Occasionally we offer shorter discounted trips.
What experience level is necessary?
From novice to expert, any level of experience is acceptable. We can teach you everything you need to know.
How many anglers can fish?
Walleye trips are generally limited to 4 people, but we can take 2 additional non fishing riders. Perch trips have a 6 person limit.
Are food and beverages included?
No. You are responsible for your own food and beverage.
Are alcoholic beverages allowed on board?
Yes. Mild beverages (i.e. Beer, Wine, Wine Coolers, Ciders, Hard Lemonade) are allowed. Please avoid glass beverages. We encourage you to drink responsibly as to not end the trip early.
Is fishing gear provided?
Yes. DownDay Charters provides the latest and best tackle on the market today. All line is changed on a regular basis. However, you are welcome to bring your favorite rod and reel if you like.
What kind of clothing should I bring?
We recommend you dress in layers. It is always colder on the water than on shore. Hats and sun screen are also recommend to avoid sun burns.
What is the cancellation policy regarding weather?
The trip may be canceled only by the captain for weather on the day of the charter. The captain has final say for any refunds for trip cancellations due to weather.
How much of a gratuity is considered customary?
If you had a great trip and are happy with the service provided, 15-25% of the trip cost is appreciated.
How early should I show up at the marina for Fishing Trip?
Please show up 30 minutes before your scheduled time to launch.
What is the size limit and how many fish can I keep?
Bag Limit per Person
|Michigan Waters of Lake Erie||Walleye||6||
|Ohio Waters of Lake Erie||Walleye||6||
|Michigan Waters of Lake Erie||Perch||50||None||Year Round|
|Ohio Waters of Lake Erie||Perch||30||None||Year Round|